At Dest Family Dentistry, we strive to provide the very best in dental healthcare while maintaining a safe, clean, fun and comfortable environment for our patients and our staff. We thank you very much for making Dest Family Dentistry your choice for all your personal and family dental care needs.
What Should I Expect at My First Visit?
At your first visit, you will be greeted by our front office staff and they will inform you of any necessary paperwork to be completed (We encourage you to bring your completed new patient paperwork. See the printable link at the location of your choice.) Once new patient paperwork is completed, you will be greeted by a dental hygienist or a dental assistant who will likely guide you into an x-ray room. X-rays are taken for evaluation and diagnostic purposes and are essential in offering you the thorough and comprehensive examination you deserve.
After your x-rays are completed, your hygienist or assistant will speak with you for a few minutes about the reason for your visit, any concerns about your teeth and/or gums, and any desires that you may have. They will also review your healthy and dental history.
Our Dental Hygienists Will Make You Feel Comfortable
- Evaluate and measure the status of your gum health and evaluate your tooth structures.
- If the status of your gum health does not require periodontal treatment, then a dental cleaning should begin.
- Your hygienist will clean each tooth with professional dental instruments, floss around each tooth and follow up with a fine polishing of each tooth surface. Your teeth will feel fresh and clean.
Our Experienced Dentists Will Take Great Care of You
- Evaluate your overall mouth and take a look tooth by tooth and diagnose any areas of needed treatment.
- Complete an oral cancer screening.
- Develop a customized treatment plan based on your own needs and desires. You may ask your dentist any questions you’d like.
Your treatment plan will be available to the front office so that our staff can review any insurance and billing questions that you may have. We will schedule your next visit before you leave the office and an explanation of what to expect at the next visit will be offered to you.
Tips for a Successful Visit
- Always arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow yourself and our staff adequate time to review your information and prepare for your appointment. Please note that if you need to complete new patient paperwork, plan to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please remember to bring your current insurance card, a current medications list, your driver’s license and any records you are transferring: x-rays and/or doctor referral slips. Have your preferred method of payment available. Dest Family Dentistry accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and CareCredit.
- All Dest Family Dentistry locations are non-smoking. Additionally, no food, drink or cell phones are allowed in the reception area or treatment rooms.
- We require a 24 hour notice of cancellation. If you are not able to come to your appointment, please be courteous and contact the office as soon as possible so we may accommodate others with dental needs and/or pain.